- A powerful antioxidant that supports healthy immune function
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties
- Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Application: A T I S
Extraction Method: Cold pressed/expressed
Aromatic Description: Citrus, tart, sweet
Main Chemical Components: Limonene, beta-pinene, gamma terpinene
Plant Part: Lime rind (peel)
Fresh, vibrant, and tart, limes are the universal icon of tropical vacations and fresh delights. The unmistakable vivacious green peel holds a variety of antioxidants that are used for anything from cleansing the face to balancing the mood. The cold-pressed, doTERRA Lime essential oil contains this therapeutic essence within an easily accessible and pure oil.
Although limes are often used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor, their variety of uses extend beyond the plate and glass because of their remarkable capability to provide the body with internal cleansing benefits along with the ability to perform a host of household cleaning purposes.
doTERRA Lime essential oil can be diffused to purify the air and can positively affect the mood with its stimulating and refreshing properties. Due to its purifying abilities, lime is frequently used as a natural cleaner that is both safe and effective and also leaves your home with an energizing and uplifting aroma.
To take advantage of its cleansing properties, add 1 drop of doTERRA Lime to your facial cleanser or shampoo. If your oven is full of grease, put some doTERRA Lime on a cotton pad and use it to remove the grease spots or other sticky residue.
You can also keep it simple by adding 1 drop of doTERRA Lime essential oil to your daily drinking water for a pop of flavor and added health benefits. Mix with doTERRA Lemon for a refreshing replacement of an unhealthy, sugary beverage.
And, for an exciting twist of flavor with an added side of health, add 1 drop of doTERRA Lime to your favorite salsa recipe for a delicious experience. If you would like an invigorating and health-stimulating scalp massage, combine a few drops with doTERRA Melaleuca and a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or almond oil, and rub into the scalp.
doTERRA Lime can be used topically, internally, and aromatically, but is most commonly used internally due to its internal cleansing abilities and its sweet, recognizable taste.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidants.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
- Supports healthy immune function.*
- Combine with Melaleuca for a soothing scalp massage.
- Add a drop to your salsa.
- Diffuse while studying and then apply to wrists again while testing on those subjects.
- Blends with Cedarwood, Black Pepper, and Cilantro.
- Replace your sugar beverage with a drop of lemon and lime in water for a refreshing flavour.